30 June, 2011

Walking the Talk

Yes, I had personal experience of that head cold that is doing the rounds of Sydney homes and offices. It started Friday afternoon with massive sneezes and tight, aching shoulders. Then a tap turned on in my sinuses - copious, clear mucus, lovely. I drove home clutching a box of tissues and prepared for a weekend at the beach! First I packed our Cold and Flu Protocol. I survived the journey, went straight to bed and slept gratefully. Saturday morning I felt awful - still sneezing and clutching the tissue box. So I rugged up and laid on the couch with water and herbs at my side. I stayed there all day, dosing with herbs every 3 hours, just like the protocol says. We had big bowls of homemade soup, i retired very early to bed. I woke on Sunday to an absolutely clear head, healthy body. I was out walking, eating, happily socialising without even a sneeze! Testament to the value of really working the rest, fluids and anti-viral herbs. Testament to stopping to take care of ourselves.
 This modern, technological world discourages a self-care approach to health, but there is no other way. Self- care means resting. Self care means cultivating the ability to deeply relax. Self care means choosing food and medicine wisely. It may seem hard at the beginning. Over time, it is the easy path. The only path that rewards with a flourishing heart, mind and immune system!
Does your immune system fight so well and bounce immediately back? If not, do call us and get some help now.

No comments:

Post a Comment